“We are not a scam ridden country! “ – A loud and clear message given by the prime minister of the country to his fellow men. That day we felt happy that he has come to stand up for himself though we knew at the bottom of our hearts that this is again nothing but a scam. Seeing the number of scams and the inaction after the scams have been exposed is definitely disheartening. All that is left to see now is which one of them is the biggest.
In the two year report card of the UPA government, what do we see –
1. 2G Spectrum scandal deserves first mention, not just because of its size but because of the impact it has had on the common man.
2. The next should obviously be CWG, well it was public money that was spent as if it was their own pocket. Daylight robbery found a new example and every robber has a new role model in Suresh Kalmadi.
3. The black money issue is again a big big problem. If that money for the above 3 were accounted for and taxed, the retail income tax that is paid can be zero with no loss to the government exchequer at all.
4. Embarrassment to the PM and someone considered the most open politicians of modern India PC in the CVC appointment. Sad story that one.
5. Inflation and failing to control food and fuel prices. Not much in the hands of the government you may say, but letting the lower and middle class suffer is not exactly the path to tread.
There are a few other issues that I have absolutely not mentioned but are of equal importance such as the Antrix deal and the IPLgate which have long since been forgotten by the people.
As they used to joke, I guess its true that CONgress is indeed the opposite of PROGRESS. Is this all that the government can offer the people of its country? Is this all that someone who believes that continuing to be here will give him a good opportunity to grow gets?
A truly disheartened citizen of the Republic of India.